This scholarship is to provide financial assistance worth $250 to a writer submitting their first book. Please see the guidelines below before submitting:
- Writers must not have published a full-length collection at the time of submission, including self-published books. (chapbooks are okay.)
- The writer must reside in the United States at the time of submission.
- Please submit your first-book manuscript (must be at least 48pgs in length, committed of identifying material) with a cover letter and bio.
- This is a blind reading. Please DO NOT include any identifying material on your manuscript, including an acknowledgments page. Those who do not remove this information from their submission will be disqualified.
- Any genre is welcomed to apply! We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or class.