This submittable lists open submissions for both Gasher Journal and Gasher Press. Please visit each site for specific submission guidelines.
The Two Languages Series celebrates the fullness in the language practices, identities, and voices we engage in/with in order to speak. We are looking to publish collections of poetry, hybrid, or essays by writers writing in both Korean and English over any theme or topic. The winner of the 2024 series will receive $500 prize + publication in Fall 2025.
Please refer to the following guidelines before submitting:
- Manuscripts should be 48-150pgs (essay collections may exceed this limit). Previously published pieces or a selection of writings are acceptable, but the manuscript in its entirety should be unpublished (we consider self-publishing as previously published).
- Writers who reside outside of the U.S. are welcome to submit.
- This is not a blind reading. Please, feel free to include an acknowledgments page is applicable.
- We are not accepting translated works for the Two Languages Series.
- Once submitted, manuscripts cannot be edited, nor will we accept revised manuscripts via email.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed. Please, withdraw the work immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- The editors will select one manuscript from the reading period or may choose not to select any work for publication if found unsatisfactory.
What you can expect from us as your publisher:
- 30% royalties on net sales.
- 20 free copies upon publication + author discounted rates on additional copies.
- Collaborative editing and professional book design.
- Launch readings, distribution by SPD Books, AWP signings, prize submissions.
Have more questions? Contact us at Press@gasherjournal.com.